I tried this recipe last Christmas. Again, it’s from San Remo. It’s very cheesy 😉
1 pack (500 grams) Penne, cooked al dente
2 cans (400 gram each) diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup canned pimiento, chopped
1/4 cup butter
2 cups ham cubes
2 cups quickmelt cheese, grated
2 tsp oregano
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup quickmelt cheese, grated for topping
- In a saucepan, add diced tomatoes, cream, chopped pimiento, butter, ham cubes, grated cheese ( the 2 cups of cheese) and oregano.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until sauce is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place cooked penne pasta in baking dish, add in creamy tomato sauce and mix well.
- Top with grated cheese ( 1 cup of cheese) and bake for 30 minutes in 350 degrees oven.