Here’s another recipe that I cooked last Noche Buena. I got this recipe again from Magnolia Gold Butter shelf years ago and this is the first time that I tried it. What I loved about this recipe is that the potatoes are really tasty since it was roasted with the chicken. Also another advice is not to cook it using the turbo broiler as it was take longer than the usual. You could probably baste it while being roasted if you will not be using an oven bag so that the butter and spices will penetrate more into the chicken.
1/2 cup Magnolia Gold Butter, salted
2 tbsp rock salt
1 tbsp whole peppercorn
2 tsp Spanish Paprika
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp oregano
2 heads garlic
1 pc bay leaf, crushed
1.5 kilo whole chicken
juice of 1 lemon
1 kilo medium sized potatoes, unpeeled cut into 2
- Pre-heat oven ro 375 F
- Mix butter, salt, peppercorn, paprika, thyme, basil, oregano, bay leaf and garlic in a small bowl.
- Cut off neck of the chicken and separate skin from the meat with your fingers. (Do not remove the skin, just separate the skin so that you can insert the butter-spices mixture in it)
- Rub chicken all over with lemon juice then with the butter-spices mixture including the cavity.
- Tie the legs and put chicken and potatoes in an oven bag or glass oven proof dish with cover.
- Roast for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Put on plate with drippings.